This Fabric & Home Care plant currently utilizes 14.5 acres of the original site. The larger, original site dates back to 1885 when the first plant started up to produce a popular floating soap called Ivory, which became the area?s namesake and which is still manufactured there. There are currently about 70 P&G manufacturing positions at the site ? the remainder of the site is now owned by other entities. This site adjoins the Fabric & Home Care Innovation Center.